Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time to start cleaning out the YUCK

Well - decision or not - it's time to start cleaning this little house up. My husband delivered a wheel barrow, a shovel and a rake to the house tonight. Think he's trying to tell me something? 
It's true - I need to start clearing out the yard. There are decades of leaves & pine tags piled everywhere. I need to research whether or not there is a public leaf collection day. I sure hope that there is! 


Today's picture is from the "back room" 
From the slope of the floor we have to assume that this used to be an outdoor porch. I am hoping to level the floor and make this either part of the kitchen, or a living room/den.
My friend Sarah suggested that we pull down the ceiling - and let the ceiling follow the slope of the roof. I love the idea , and think it will really open up this space.  
I wish all of the "rah - de - ators" (That's how I pronounced it my entire life - but apparently I was wrong) - were like these two. The rest of the house has baseboard radiators - which are not nearly as charming.  I'd be happy to keep the hot water heat, rather than switching to the heat pump, if I could have one of these in each room.
Any thoughts? Which do you think would appeal to buyers more?

1 comment:

  1. My kids make fun of my pronounciation of the heating element as well. I wish I could remember who it was that I saw on TV that pronounced it "our way" but it was someone prominent.

    ReplyDelete