Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Before photos...

I love Before and After shots. Whether it's a tooth whitening advertisement, a weight loss makeover, or a home improvement - does not matter. I just love to see the progress.
I hesitate to post too many photos - as we have a few days yet before the actual closing, but...maybe just one to give you an idea of the mountain I have before me.
There are a few things that I already know - through my own observation and additional information gathered by professional home inspectors.
This house has had virtually no maintenance done since it was built in 1950.
There are signs of termite damage - the extent of the damage is still unknown. I expect the report within the next couple of days.
There are signs of squirrels in the attic.
Approximately 12 floor joists have completely rotted and have fallen to the ground. All will need to be replaced.
Although dry now, there are clear signs of water damage under the home.
All of the pipes under the house show signs of corrosion and leaking.
Sounds like fun right! I am trying to stay optimistic. I know that if I am careful and really take the time & care to restore this place completely - it will be a beautiful home.

No comments:

Post a Comment