Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Still searching for direction

The chaos of the holiday did not lead me to the answers I was hoping for. I was really looking for an epiphany - a clear decision- black & white, concrete, not a doubt left- kind of answer. 
Sadly - I have not come to any anything more than the blurry idea, that I had before I left.


I am just going to have to move forward - one step at a time. I hope that my goals will become more clear as the project unfolds.
I have to repair the rotten floor joist(s) anyway - so - I may as well just get started.


My level headed husband has asked me to wait on the sledge hammer. ( I am not sure why - there is no fun in waiting - but....I trust him completely, so - he's probably right)


I stopped in to the little house last night to retrieve the boy's backpacks. (We left them on our way out of town before Thanksgiving to save us some room in the car)
It was pretty creepy - walking in - in the dark. It smells so vacant. Luckily, I had my 14 year old, (who has recently become "man size"), with me. Had I been alone - I would not have gone in!


That's probably not a good sign


Here is the utility room. If I am going to live here, this could become the master bath. Charming - right?! If I am going to sell - I'll probably leave all of the utilities & laundry in this room  - but, obviously, it will need a major overhaul!

2 comments:

  1. you might have a hard time relocating HVAC depending on what you are going to use for heat. The gas also comes in here- looks like from the furnace. Does the door go outside? Could it be a mudroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a door to the outside. No gas to the house - yet. Right now it's on oil - but, I am going to change over to gas. Unfortunately the pipes under the house are rusted and leaking - so all will be replaced in the renovation. Also unfortunate is the fact that the furnace is the only new(er) thing in the house - and can't be converted!
    The other side of the house seems like more of a natural side entrance (there's another door over there) - but...if we are going to renovate & resell, I think it will be a mudroom.
    Either way.....the toilet has to go!
    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete