Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Beginning...

I've just turned forty. This may seem insignificant, and maybe it is, but for me it seems to be at the heart of this new journey. Many people seek out change and excitement during this "middle" part of their lives. I guess I am doing the same thing - just not in the form of a flashy red car, an extramarital affair or extreme plastic surgery.
None of those appeal to me at all. I am a happily married, I adore my children and I really enjoy my career in Real Estate - so there really is no reason to have an all out "Mid life crisis"
There is no crisis. I was just looking for a new project - to spice things up. To add a bit of chaos & excitement to my already chaotic life.
So...
I bought a house.
I have decided to write about this process for several reasons  - but first and foremost this Blog is being created to document the process. There are many peaks and valleys during a major renovation project. My hope is that by keeping track of the slow and steady progress, I will keep myself motivated. Renovation can be very taxing on a family - so maybe, just maybe, I can type my inevitable frustrations out, and avoid making my husband & my children miserable! I'll try anyway. 

2 comments:

  1. Bridget - What a fantastic idea! I can't wait to follow your progress on your blog!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jullie. I am hoping that all of my friends will chime in with words of wisdom - whenever they see fit. I will surely appreciate the guidance & support! -B

    ReplyDelete