Sunday, December 4, 2011

The First Floor

I had some basic floor plans made - so I thought I'd share. These drawings are of the current  floor plan - not the renovated vision in my head! 
                                               

                                                                           
Front






This house was listed as a 5 bedroom, 3 full bath house. Three of those "bedrooms" are on the first floor.  I am considering making all three of the rooms on the left - and the full bath right in the middle- into a Master suite. This will include the bedroom, master bath, large (ish) closet, and a small sitting area.  This side also has a door to the outside side porch - that has the outdoor fireplace. So on those evenings  - when we get the settled off to bed - and we want to build a cozy fire....
Right! 
When we finally get through the day - and get the kids all in bed - we are so happy to finally sleep that making a fire would be the farthest thing from our minds! 
Oooh - maybe I should run a gas line out there!? - I know that kills some of the outdoor fire appeal - but, at least it would make it more likely that my husband and I would ever really enjoy it.
The kids love to make fires in our fire pit now, so I am sure they'd prefer it to remain wood burning, but...they don't seem to have anymore "free" time than we do anymore - so, the gas logs might be a good idea for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment