Monday, December 19, 2011

A little off track this week...

I am sure it seems like I am neglecting the little house- and maybe I am, a bit, but...
I have the house here that has been screaming for some attention! 


Skipping Christmas decorations seemed mean, so I decided to get that taken care of this week. I also have to manage getting this house ready to sell, at the same time as renovating the new little one.


One of our long drawn out projects here has been the basement kitchen. 
I moved to this house for the basement. We had one in our first house, and never got over the loss when we moved to the second house. I have had grand plans for this basement, since we moved in 6 years ago.


Over the last year we have slowly  been getting the work done. The whole project was set back a bit, when we arrived home this Summer to find a flood. Although we had never even used the new bathroom down there, a compression fitting had come loose on the toilet. Apparently it had sprayed for the entire week - because there was water everywhere. We had to rip out all of the wood floor, the trim and the lower portion of the walls - just to make sure it was completely dry. 
Insurance covered all of the damage - but, it was still a bit depressing to redo something brand new.




So - although we've done nothing but yard work at the little house this week, we were here finishing the basement kitchen. I'm happy with the way it turned out. The picture is not great - but, you'll get the idea.
Every little bit that I get done here will be one step closer to getting into the little house.







No comments:

Post a Comment