Friday, December 9, 2011

Panic has started to set in.....

Breathe in - Breathe out - Breathe in - Breathe out.......


I am hoping that continual deep cleansing breaths can help calm some of my fears. I've started to lose sleep over this little house.


The HVAC quote came back @ $28k - which is three times the number I expected! Not a good start. I have a few people lined up to get additional quotes next week.
If these quotes don't get any better - I think we will have our decision made. The idea of adding on, and living in the little house will go out the window - if I can't get some of the basics taken care of for less.


Too bad - because I was really starting to grow attached to the place. The hours of raking & shoveling, day after day, don't sound endearing - I know. Yet , somehow I've really started to embrace, not only the little house, but the major lifestyle changes that it would require.


My children have also become more attached. It will not be fun to have to tell them that we can't live there. 
Well - at least the Blog title will make sense now!


I have had some wonderful feedback & comments posted on facebook and in emails. Thank you all for your input. The additional names & contacts that you sent are the same people that I have made appointments with for next week.
I really appreciate all of the help & advice. That has been the greatest benefit of posting all of this online. I've had very helpful suggestions - from the most out of the blue sources.
With a little guidance - and support, who knows - maybe I will be able to pull this off.


Whether it's to resell - or to live in  - I am going to have to host one hell of an open house party once it is done! 


The Back of the house. An addition would follow the top roof line - and come straight out the back an additional 20ft or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment