Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I'm suffering from Sticker Shock!

Today I met with a tree company and an HVAC company. 


Two at once was a bad idea. 


Although I do not have the HVAC quote back yet - I was definitely getting a big number vibe from the sales rep! 


The tree situation is just depressing - and it's not helping me to make a final decision. There are several trees that will have to go  if we are planning to expand this little house and live in it. Even if we do not plan to move there, there are some that need to be taken down. I expected tree removal to be a few pennies - but...this was a painful! The biggest portion of the quote was for root ball grinding & removal. 


Apparently the last homeowner lost several trees in Isabel - or sometime at least 5 years ago, so it seems likely that it was Isabel.  There are seven HUGE root balls still sitting in the back yard. Not only are they unsightly , but they will make it impossible to build if we don't get them out of there.  Even if we decide to sell - I don't think I could camouflage these bad boys - they are giant!


So... here we go with the "unforeseen" expenses that my dear husband kept cautioning me about.


I will, of course, get additional quotes - but, I will be surprised if they are not all about the same.
It's depressing to think that we will spend $8,000 - before we even touch the house!


When do we get to the fun part? 

No comments:

Post a Comment