Monday, January 9, 2012

Permit filed....Now I have to wait.

Filed the demolition permit on Friday.
I just knew that it had been too easy - almost pleasant!


I had three calls today from different people down at city hall. 


The first caller wanted to - "make sure that you were taking down another building - not the house, right?" 
When I finally explained - and she understood- that it was our intention to demolish the house (not another building), she explained the source of her confusion.
"OH - cause on your application there was this word that made it sound like another thing. It's dila, dele - what is that word?"


DILAPIDATED 


Scary to think that I might have slowed the permit process all because of the word I used to describe the little creepy house. Maybe I should have said that instead - 


"Description of Work: Demolition of Little Creepy House."


Then maybe I would have had at least one less call today.


The second call was just to confirm my intentions. A separate employee had the application - and just wanted to confirm, before he called to have the utilities disconnected. 


Okay - he gets a pass. I don't mind someone being cautious. After all - demolishing a house is a big deal.


The third call came from the woman that was actually contacting the different utilities for disconnection.


"Yes Mam - I'm callin' cause I called Dominion to cut off your power, an they said you just turned that power on - so, you sure you want to turn it back off."
Hmmmm - let me think.....
YES! 
I am sure that when I have a bulldozer come in, knock down the walls and turn the house into a pile of rubble, that I do not want the power on in the house. 100%!


After all of this, I was discouraged to hear that it will be 2-3 weeks before I get the final approval to go ahead and take the house down. 
Now that I have a plan - I am ready now! 


I can't wait to get started.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely think this is the best move! love the description in the demo permit.... "The Creepy Little House" . I cannot wait to see the plans for the NEW HAPPY HOUSE :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete