Sunday, January 22, 2012

The decision is made!

Phew! - Thank goodness I'm back.
I didn't like the way indecision felt! 
I have researched this house project every which way - and have decided to move forward with the demolition.
We will build, in it's place, a modest house that has bedrooms for everyone. There will not a lot of other space - but, hopefully it will be just enough.
I've promised the boys that they can go in and do a bit of their own "demolition" before the big day. I think it's going to be a bit more like vandalization - but they are excited about it.
Once I can get a date scheduled - the creepy little house, or as my friend Sunny affectionately calls it "PEN OKAY" house, is coming down! (If you haven't seen the interior photos - the last owner checked pens, daily, on the walls of the house. Marking "Pen okay" all over the walls of every room)


Sunny has claimed the dutch front door, and my friend Sarah the big book shelf in the back porch/room. If there is anything else that anyone would like - please let me know.
I contacted Habitat for Humanity about the furnace (since it appears to be new) - they are happy to have me deliver it to them, but won't come to get it. (In other words...if you'll come pick it up - it's yours!)
I have a full roof of slate that is in good condition- for patching, etc. I'd love for it to find a good home!
It seems like such a waste to just throw away everything - but, unless I can figure out who would like what, I guess I have no choice.
I think I'll save a few small things - to add to the new house, ie: the shutter dogs, and maybe a few door knobs.


So ...there you have it , the final decision. The next post will include the first photos of the demolition. 
I can't wait!
Not the best picture - but. here's the furnace & water heater. There's also a washer. The inspection did not note any trouble with any of them.



1 comment: