Friday, January 6, 2012

Going to file a Demolition permit!

Whew - what a whirlwind! 


Researching online led me to Demo companies - which led me to think about projects that I had seen recently- which led me to make some calls to friends- which led me to look at their budgets to see what worked.


By the end of the day yesterday I had spoken to so many people - I am glad that I took notes.


Ultimately, I found myself standing in a beautiful house -  with a builder that had just completed an attempted renovation, turned demo project.  It was beautiful. I can't imagine ever being able to make the little house that nice.


The numbers make sense. 


The time frame makes sense. (5 months from contract to completion)


Apparently Elin & I are on the same page! Okay - well, maybe not the same page-( She's demolishing a $12 million dollar, 8 bedroom home in Florida) -but it's the same concept!


The good news that I found out today is...
We are still eligible for the Tax Abatement program even if we demolish & start over. I had thought that we would be required to maintain the existing structure - or at least part of it. So - at least for the first 7 years, our assessment would not increase. 


A penny saved = a penny earned!





No comments:

Post a Comment