Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Finally we are getting somewhere!

Well - as my friend Nancy was quick to point out, when I saw her today - I have been neglecting my BLOG!

She's right of course, I have been slacking a bit. Mostly my lack of posts can be attributed to the season. Summer can be very hectic with a family of 6! More than that though, is my lack of interesting things to say.

This part of the process is so much slower, and more uneventful than the beginning.

I like to be able to add some photos of progress - and today, for the first time in a while, I've seen some real changes.

The trim guys have been hard at work - and I am really enjoying the "show" as they work through, room by room, adding character & detail to my little house.

First - I wanted you to see the doors...
I decided to go with the 5 panel - and I really like the way they look. I  also asked the builder to add  older looking trim ( what I call Northside trim, because you often see it in houses in North Richmond) around the doors...



I am pleased with the way the trim looks - and I am glad that we decided to pay the $.20 extra per foot to have it this way. It really makes a difference.

My favorite thing so far in the new house is the Newell Posts...

There are 8 of them throughout the 3 floors. I really wanted something square and sturdy. Of course I could find exactly what I wanted online for $250+ each, or I could have the builder make them for even more.  
Although these were a bit more ornate than I was going for - at $69 each from Home Depot, I think they are perfect!

So there you go - an update finally. As things are added, I'll be sure to post. For a while there nothing was worth taking a picture of (Wiring , drain lines , bleh! that's not fun to photograph!)

I really do think that we are getting to the fun part now! 
The next big hurdle will be getting my house sold, so that I can live in the little house. If not - we will put it up for sale and see what happens. 

Too tired for editing - so please excuse any extraordinary grammatical errors!

Goodnight




No comments:

Post a Comment