Monday, June 18, 2012

Hey Look - we have a driveway!

The gravel is in place for us to tryout the driveway design. 
I tried it - it works.
 I can't quite pull around back and into the garage.  I will have to stop, reverse & straighten up first - but, pulling out was easy.
There will be space for 2 cars to pull in and to the right, in front of the house - and then a couple of spaces outside the garage.
 View from the street

View from the backyard toward the street

I think I am going to add a small gated garden across the front porch area. It will only be about 8ft deep, but I feel like there needs to be some separation between the driveway/parking area, and the front porch. 
I was inspired by a small fence with a gate at my friend's house. This is what I have in mind...

 I think the fence will help to add some character to the new house - on the old block.

By the way...
We are apparently causing a bit of a buzz among the neighbors! 
"People are talking" was the comment I heard at work.
Oh well 
 I am quite sure there will be a comment, or two, or fifty, about the yankee that bought the house down the block and tore it down!

"Did you hear? Not only is she a Yankee - but....she's moving here from Southside! 
Oh my stars!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment