Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Now it needs to come down ASAP

My poor little house! It just looks sad. 
I am eager to get it down - to put it out of it's misery. 


I had a "gentleman" contact me - to inquire about the slate roof. He said that he was working on a "small shed project" and that he would appreciate some of the slate - if we were not going to use it. I explained to him that I had already offered the materials of the house to the school - but, that I would let him know if there were any left once the school had taken what they needed.  Once St. Chris had taken all that they were going to take - I gave him the go ahead to get the slate that he "needed"


Well - when I went by the little house today, I was surprised to see 2 pallets of slate already full and all kinds of debris all over the yard! There were 3 men on my roof - who were clearly roofers,( not homeowners with small shed projects.)
When I asked about what they thought they should be doing - they said that the "gentleman" had told them to remove everything. 
He was not there - nor was he planning to return anytime today. He had just given them an address.
There was slate flying every which way - metal from the flashing and the gutters thrown about. Windows were broken- siding was ripped off. It looked disgusting.


When I called the cell number that the crew gave me - the recording said ---------roofing company.
According to the men on my roof - this is what they do all of the time.


I felt /feel foolish. 


Had he asked for every scrap /shred/molecule of the house - I probably would have said yes. What am I doing with it anyway? 
But...he didn't.  He asked for "some slate for a small shed project."


I know that you are thinking - shame on me - and you are right. 
But...
At my core - I am a very generous spirit. It bothers me, tremendously, that someone would take advantage of that.
Now the sight of my  little house just makes me sad. 
I look forward to taking it down as soon as possible.


Oh and by the way, Mr. "gentleman" roofer - Richmond may be a city - but it's as small town as a city can get. It's certainly not the kind of place where you can participate in unethical business practices and think it will go unnoticed. 


Karma, my "friend", is a very powerful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment