Monday, September 11, 2017

Bizzy bizzy bizzy!


We've been moving right along @Woodrow!

I was finally able to get a concrete contractor to come and pour a new walkway.

Unfortunately - he did 3/4 of the walk and ran out! (WHAT?!?)
Not to worry - I am already on the books to have it finished soon.


Brad came in and sanded everything in one day. The floors were in such good shape since they had been covered in carpet for decades!


While he was at it, I had him sand the front and back porches too.

They looked so pretty, I wish that I could seal them and keep the wood exposed - but I can't.

In order to comply with the DHR ( Dept. of Historic Resources) guidelines - they have to be painted.
The good news is, we now have a smooth clean surface to start with.



Peeking through the windows after the floors have been stained. Looking good! :)




As soon as we could walk on the floors again, we went to work assembling the kitchen. 



This was a very exciting step forward...
We have a toilet! WooHoo!!



Brad rebuilt the back steps and finished sanding everything. 






Primed & painted 
Woodrow is looking more handsome by the minute! 


These were so covered with caked on layers of paint ( 93 years worth!) that I considered replacing them with hew ones. 


The trouble was - when I found the new ones, they were so thin and just did not feel as solid as the original ones. 
So I soaked them - and scrubbed them. 


I am so happy with the way they turned out. 
Who needs nice hands anyway?!?


New front railings ...


No house is complete without a nice new flag.

God Bless America! 



Ceiling painted, and looking more and more like it probably did in 1924. 
That's the goal! 




Not too much left! I already know it is going to be hard for me to say goodbye to this handsome fella

No comments:

Post a Comment