Sunday, May 3, 2015

Compare & Contrast

The floors are not going quite as smoothly as I had hoped. 

This is ( or will be) the kitchen. It has great pine under all of that mess, but I am having trouble getting to it!
I tried first, then called a floor guy who said it would be no trouble - until he started and changed his tune. 
Then Andrew, my contractor took a whack at it - only to give up a day later. 
Finally I threw my hands up and called one of my lifelines.  A really great contractor in town that does excellent total rehab/ renovations gave the name of a guy to take care of it, and sent him over within an hour!

Thank goodness - because I was just about to give in , and throw down some laminate!

He will get started on Monday. I can't wait to see the end result! 



While the kitchen continues to look like hell, the bathroom is shaping up nicely!

It is so nice to see some positive progress. 
Have I mentioned how happy I am to be rid of the blue tub? 

No comments:

Post a Comment