Thursday, May 28, 2015

I think I can....I think I can ...

I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by to multiple loose ends on this house. There seems to be a hundred things that are started , but not finished, and it all just looks so drab. 
So ... In an effort to improve the situation, I decided to tackle the front door. 
( Those  of you that know me well enough know - when I get busiest , I tend to think micro, and tackle smaller and smaller projects. Not always the best plan , but it helps me to get something small done , then I can focus on the big picture.) 

If you've followed this post bofore, you'll know that years ago my sweet friend Sunny chose my front door color for me when I could not, and she made a great choice.i have loved my high gloss Peacock blue! 
So that's what the little house will have. As much as I hated spending the money on this paint two years ago - this little quart has gone quite a long way! It was worth every penny if it had just done my front door, but it covered my two back doors as well and there's still a half of a can. 





Ahhhh! 
That's better! 
It definitely looks happier. 

A few more cabinets have gone up. It is clearly not going to be a speedy process.


The replacement refrigerator arrived.
This time I am not taking any chances! Thanks for the recommendation @seancraft


I'm looking at a couple of options for the lights over the island.
Feel free to chime in. 
There's room for two, and they are visible from the front door when you walk in - so it's a big decision. 
The narrow ones have slits that make nice points of light on the walls when the other lights are off - so I am leaning that way. 
There's plenty of recessed cans, and under and over cabinet lighting , so these are not the only light source.

Thanks for the input! 


The window AC was finally removed! These sliders are not my favorite, but ... they are a huge improvement. 
I think this room is going to have the greatest transformation.





The HVAC was finally hooked up, as well as the water heater - woo hoo!
 Not photo worthy, but big leaps. 
I think we are probably at about the 2 week point. 
Not quite to the countdown phase - but almost.
I am getting really excited about seeing this finished - can you tell? Are you with me ? 
Thanks for the support - I sincerely appreciate it.
xo
B



No comments:

Post a Comment