Sunday, February 22, 2015

This is going to be fun!

Say hello to the new little house project! 


 I have been searching for a while, and finally found a little house to renovate. 
This 2 bedroom, one bath house is just the right size for my first #renovaterestoreandresell project. The last one ended up becoming my home - so the resell part 
went out the window!

the living room 

the den/office or (as some in the neighborhood call it) the 3rd bedroom 


the very blue bathroom 



and 

the kitchen 

When I first saw the photos of this house online, I was drawn to this kitchen, and the really interesting window. I was imagining all of the interesting designs that could work around that corner window.  
Didn't I feel silly when I finally had a chance to get inside to measure the space - and found that the interesting window was just a couple of squares of wallpaper :) 


Oh Well! 
Now I will just take out this wall between the kitchen & the living room. 
In the long run it will make the cabinet configuration less complicated. 


This inset area is the perfect size for a counter depth refrigerator - so I think that will go here, but...
I thought it would be more interesting if we could find the old chimney, and expose the brick. I love having different textures in a room. I prefer the natural brick, but I'll probably paint it to satisfy the buyers coming in to look. 



What do you think? 
I ordered these great solid wood, white shaker, cabinets. Appliances are stainless, and if I can get all of the old adhesive off , the floors will be refinished pine. 
The red chimney might be too much. 
A realtor/renovator friend of mine ( with much more experience in this area) told me to rip it out all together, to gain the space. It's not so much space though, and it makes the perfect niche for the refrigerator. I really like a built in refrigerator look. 
So...Red Brick or white? 
Thanks for the input 
B







No comments:

Post a Comment