Monday, February 23, 2015

Child labor

Putting the kids to work! 
It's their tuition I'm working for after all - so I have no trouble with asking them to put in a little effort! 
To be fair...they don't seem to mind - especially in the demo phase. 

Ahh! The corner window. It's still somewhat magical even with all of the window trim illusion stripped away. I'll be sorry to lose this dreamy forest scene. Well...not really, but there is something about it that I like. 


Taking off the first layer of floor - to find 2 more. This is not going to be a quick process. 




If I can get all of these layers off - the subfloor looks like it's in great condition. Although the pine will not match the oak of the rest of the house exactly, it is level with the other floor and that's what matters most to me. 
The change in wood will add a bit of interest. 





Pulling Down the Acoustic Ceiling tiles in the 3rd bedroom/den, I expected to find something terrible hidden above them. Happily I can report there was nothing more than a textured ceiling - and it's in good shape! :) 



Hopefully the future updates will be a bit more beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment