Thursday, February 26, 2015

Better than beer!

At the end of a long day at work - there really is nothing better than swinging a hammer at a wall :) 
Although work has been great - the added worry of the freezing pipes, and now (we think) the broken water meter  (which likely contributed to the freezing pipes - since we never really could turn the water off) was weighing on me a bit. 
An hour of swinging away and pulling apart this wall was just what I needed! 


Ultimately though, I was just making a mess. I was not going to be able to get a beam up by myself - even if I did know how! 
So I called in some help. 





Since it took less time than expected, he's also going to help me to get this flooring up, so that I can try to sand the wood floors. 
Yes - I know they are pine and the rest of the house is oak. But...We've done that before, and it still looked good. In our old house we added  a transition piece where we took out the wall used to be, so that worked as a threshold to separate the 2 woods. I hope it can work in this house too! 



Here is the layout for the one side of the kitchen. It is missing the backsplash, the microwave and the crown moulding - but it gives you an idea of where we are going. 

I sure do hope that we get there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment