Friday, July 10, 2015

Oh My - July 10th - Already? Boy, are we behind!


It's finally time for the fun stuff!
Yipee!!

I was torn between these two choices for the granite.
This one has some gray and green and purple dots.


This one was gray too - but had much more of a blue tone to it.
I knew this one was definitely the more traditional of the two, and would likely appeal to more buyers, 


But... I loved the first one, so I am going to have to hope that someone else will too. 

Here is the finished side room. I had not planned to make it so blue, so I am really glad that it turned out okay. 


We pulled out the huge closet, and replaced it with  IKEA closet, built in now with the base trim & crown.



The Laundry room still needs work, but I  did get the light fixture changed finally!   
This is a terrible picture - I know. 
A friend suggested this spot idea. That way there will be task lighting for all of the different areas of the room. 
                                              

This one is in the Living Room


This is the Side Room\porch light.



Back bedroom - I have the same fan in the other bedroom


The Hall light ( I know - this is the wrong bulb!) 


The kitchen Pendant for over the Island 


This is an up close shot of the granite that I chose.


My husband's comment was "It's no wonder that you like this one. It has freckles." 
( I might have a few, or a few thousand, myself) 


I love this sink


It's really deep - so if you need to wash out a cooler, or scrub a child ,  or even a Thanksgiving Turkey ...it will fit! 
I hate a little sink. 
The only thing worse ( in my opinion ) is two little sinks! When we had that double sink in our house, that was simply an invitation to leave one full of dirty dishes! 

( The strips on the wall were just there for me to visualize how many shelves I wanted to add. I decided to go with 3. ) 

Left to do :
Finish painting, Replace the awning, plant the flowers in the window boxes, Add door knobs to all of the interior doors, Install the kitchen shelves, finish the laundry room floor, Add all of the above & below cabinet lighting installed, and  Have the plumber install the kitchen faucet & hook up the water to the fridge/ice maker....
Okay, that sounds like a lot, but - 
we really are close - just not quite there. 

Have a good weekend
xo 
B
































































                  

No comments:

Post a Comment