Sunday, September 1, 2013

One mans trash

Time to add some character...
My friend Kathie had a client ask if she could get rid of some furniture & some french doors. Knowing that I struggle with just throwing things away - and that I would rather pick them up, and deliver them to the re-store myself than have them go to waste, she called me. 
I was happy to drop off the perfectly good desk to be donated - but asked if she would not mind if I kept the doors.  She didn't care at all - as long as I got them out of the house. 
As I looked at them - an idea started forming...
Ever since the porch roof went on, and the driveway was completed, I have been thinking of ways to separate the two areas. So I thought that we would use the french doors to help with that.

I also thought it would be nice to block my view a bit ...
So, I recruited some helpers.












Now all I need is a rectangular concrete planter to put between the two doors - and a lattice with some vines climbing ....
I think I can really make that into a nice wall without blocking out the light. 
It already feels more comfortable back there - a bit less exposed, and more cozy. 

2 comments:

  1. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest
    but your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll
    go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future.
    Cheers

    Feel free to visit my webpage; web page ()

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm not much of an internet writer, so we are even! - NorthForkKnots :)

      Delete